Originally built in 1760 on the ruins of Tulfarris castle, overlooking the Blessington Lakes,
Tulfarris House has developed into a 4-star luxury hotel run by the Hayes family, with an 18-hole Championship Golf course.
Bedrooms are spacious and individually designed to a high standard, with phone, multi-channel tv, ISDN, ironing and tea/coffe facilities.
The extensive grounds include an 18-hole Golf course across three peninulas, and several walking trails. Leisure facilities include heated indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room, sunbed.
The hotel has two restaurants - the Balcony Restaurant, with views over the lakes, offers fine irish dining (Irish beef, Wicklow lamb, fresh fish).
The Courtyard Restaurant & Bar is more casual & intimate. The Garden Lounge is a quieter alternative to the Bar, and looks onto a patio with great views of the lakes and golf course.
The Golf course, one of Ireland's top courses, having hosted the Irish Seniors Open, was designed by Patrick J Merrigan and is set on 3 peninsulas overlooking the lakes.