Look for a hotel or apartment in Spain? We offer a selection of accommodation, hotels, apartments, hostals, houses in Spain, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville ... See our new services of maps and customer reviews

weather spainairports spainspain tourismsecurity spain
Currency and tax
Embassies and visas
Tourism info
Tourism info abroad
Search in Softguide Spain

Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores (Foreign Office of Spain)
In this website you will find information of embassies of different countries in Spain and about Spanish embassies and consulates abroad.

Exit for EU passengers, a sign you can see in borders and airports

hotels in spain

Embassies and Consulates
You can obtain a list of the current embassies and consulates of foreign countries in Spain at the website of the Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores (Spain's Foreign Office). Unfortunately the website is currently only in Spanish, but follow the links to 'Embajadas y consulados' and then find your country of interest.

Visas and documentation
To enter Spain from Eropean Union member states, as well as from Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Monaco, it is enough to show your identity card or passport. No visa is required.

Citizens from the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zeland and Israel can enter Spain as tourists and remain in the country up to 90 days without a visa. Visitors from some Latinamerican, African and Asian countries are required to hold a visa, depending on the length of their stay. We recommend to contact the Spanish Embasies or Consulates abroad to obtain further information.

If you are bringing animals with you (for example, pets), you will need to have an international health certificate for your animals and —if they are cats or dogs— a certificate of their valid rabies vaccinations. Animals are not allowed in most restaurants in Spain.

Non European Union or Swiss citizens are allowed to drive without a 'Carta Verde' (Green Card), a special insurance that covers for international road and accident assistance. Ask your car rental about it.

Police controls and customs exist at airports and road accesses. If you are a passenger on transit in the EU but your luggage was checked-in outside the EU, you will have to exit the baggage claim area through the door that indicates 'Customs' ('Aduana', in Spanish). However you might not be checked at all by the officers. You only need to stop and open your luggage if you are told to do so. If you have goods to declare (imports) do so at the customs check point.

If you are travelling within the UE, you should exit the luggage claim area of airports where the UE symbol stands.

You can import without paying customs your personal belongings like jewels and electronic equipment (laptops). There's a restriction to cigarretes for personal use (200 units or 250grams of tobaco), 50 cigars and 2 litres of alcoholic beverages. There is no limit to the entrance of foreign currency but if it exceeds 6.000 EUR you should declare it.


Accommodation in Spain : Apartments, hotels and hostels in Spain: Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Alicante, Valencia, Bilbao, Benidorm, cheap hotels in Spain, and more...
More websites: Softguides.com | Softguide Madrid | Softguide Spain | Automatic Netware Ltd. | All rights reserved | Contact Us in Spain